We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors. Raddicombe is situated in Hillhead on Kingswear Road, Brixham. The lodge was built in 1920 as a gentleman's residence, there are therefore some features which might make access difficult for those with limited mobility.
We have a level car park with a number of shallow steps up to the front door. (2 sets of 4 and a set of 2). We have 3 bedrooms on the ground floor and 6 on the first floor. The sitting room and conservatory dining room are both situated on the ground floor with all rooms being on the level. Please enquire regarding access for wheelchair users.
- We are located off Kingswear Road which is a minor road between Kingswear and Brixham. Generally this road is quiet.
- There is a bus stop 250m from the lodge entrance along a footpath at the back of the lodge. There are regular bus services into Brixham and Kingswear. Service 22 and 24. Plus there is also a regular service into Paignton.
- The nearest shop, bar and restaurant is at Hillhead Caravan Club Site just over half a mile away, or at the Spar shop just over a mile away. Newspapers are available at these shops.
- The nearest mainline railway station is Paignton, which is approximately 5 miles away. Taxis are available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required. We also offer a pick up service on request.
- There are several local taxi companies; we can make bookings in advance for you.
- There is also access to Paignton and Torquay by ferry from Brixham. Sailing from Brixham Quay to Princess Pier Torquay, also there is a service to Dartmouth.
- Breakfast Menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have the facilities to prepare documents in braille.
- Our website provides pictures of our accommodation / garden and further information about the services we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone or email. Please see the contact us section of this website.
- We also provide accommodation for your dogs and pets.
- Special diets can be catered for if we are made aware at time of booking (48 hours notice).
Arrival and Car Parking
- To ensure that we are able to meet and greet you to Raddicombe Lodge, we ask that guests advise their expected arrival time. Checkin times are either before 1pm or after 5pm. We ask you to be aware that we do not accept arrivals after 10pm so as not to disturb other guests.
- Parking is on a level car park and drive to the rear of the lodge. The car park is clearly signed from the road (we have parking for 10 cars).
- We offer assistance with luggage.
- The front entrance leads into the hall. There are 4 shallow steps with a handrail, plus 4 further steps and a small step into the reception area.
- The front door is normally open but please ring the bell on your arrival.
- Guests are escorted to their rooms and will have the facilities explained.
- The reception area leads to the sitting room and conservatory dining room.
- By reception in the hallway is a clearly marked bell which will allow you to contact us for assistance at any time.
- If we are out at any time we have a 'how to contact us' message on reception.
- Carpets are fitted throughout with the exception of the dining room which has an oak floor.
- The level hallway leads to 2 downstairs bedrooms. 2 doubles 0r a twin bedroom. There are 15 stairs to the first floor which has a handrail on the right handside. The stairs are carpeted.
- We have 6 guest bedrooms on the first floor. 2 x family rooms, 3 doubles 0r a twin plus a single bedroom. All bedrooms are ensuite.
- The house is centrally heated throughout, however, temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements. There is a gas fire in the guests sitting room.
- Access to the garden is through the main entrance door and via the conservatory dining room.
- A selection of local maps, magazines and books are available in both the sitting room and reception.
- Breakfast orders are taken in the conservatory dining room on the ground floor normally between 8.30am and 09.30am. Breakfasts are cooked fresh.